Is your book club or discussion group reading Lenders? Here are some basic questions to ponder in your talks!
For more in-depth questions and trivia, which does include spoilers, see Lenders Insane Trivia
If you’d like to host Travis at your book club or ask him questions via Skype, please contact. Use quantum transmission form at page bottom!
- What was your favorite character, and why? Is it even possible to pick just one? But do, choose only one, a person that touched or just plain shocked you, and elaborate.
- Which character can you relate to? And did you make it through the book without crying and laughing; without saying Holy Shit?
No, really, and jokes aside, Let’s hear it.
- Have you ever experienced a lucid dream? If so, what special techniques have you tried that will keep you from being—sucked out? Did you like the experience? And are you, like Amy, a natural lucid dreamer?
- What reality checks have you tried when something seemed, well, a little bit off—and you realized: this has to be a dream! Haven’t had a lucid dream yet? Then post an inquiry and get started.
- Artificial intelligence gives many people chills when thinking about the potential, a theme that’s explored in Lenders. What do you think the future of A.I. has to offer us? Can we go too far?
- Why wouldn’t Herald have simply saved Jim? He made a promise to you-know-who (spoiler cover) that he would try to save him, so why deposit him, like so many others, into Jewel City for such a long trial and tribulation?
- Why Meddlinn for the company name where Herald worked? This might prove to be one of the most difficult questions to answer. And when you discover the secret, I can let you in on another!
- What is a reality check anyway? Jim tried a few reality checks Amy had taught him, when his hair was coming out, and he tried other reality checks that he’d learned from Amy: pushing a finger through his palm, looking away then back to see if text changes, the time—likewise does it change, and he flipped the light switch several times, which worked just fine. Nope—this, was real, he thought, totally shocked out of his new and changing gourd!
What exactly are reality checks? And if you do know, the share with your techniques. What did you test when things seemed a little bit off—and you said to yourself, “What a second, this has to be a dream.”
- Which dream world did you like best? You can choose from Future City, The Canyon, The State Fair, Lia’s Skate Park, The Fantasy Land with Q, Old Town, The Hot-air Balloon Map, The Reef, Or the Beach (first or last)?
- What chapter was your favorite? Which sent you over the top, shocked you, or made you tear up. My wife’s favorite was SKATE PARK with Lia. Personally, I don’t think I could narrow it down to any one absolute fav, but I liked Wormhole, Ana, and Rescue II…forget it, I like too many and enjoyed reading them—at least 20 times!
- Who would you like to see return in Lenders Part II? As I type this question I am currently writing chapter 90, and I must to say that things are getting insanely exciting. Let’s see if you have some of Herald’s prescience and can speculate correctly who might return. And, who do you personally want to see, either revived, or brought into the limelight?